Followers

Saturday, 4 July 2026

And we thought it was quiet round here

 We've been out this morning to the food & drink festival along the seafront - not very interesting actually and we didn't buy anything, we won't go again (they hold them regularly).  It's quite hot, very windy and humid again now, so I didn't fancy staying out long anyway.  Husband asked if I wanted to go to the big boot sale this afternoon, I said no but he's welcome to go if he wants....I think it depends what sports are on TV!

Yesterday evening neighbour Mr X and his chief builder had a massive row in the garden, about a foot away from our fence.  Ironically, I didn't hear it but husband heard some of it, he said there was much shouting and swearing and the gist of it seemed to be that Mr X was accusing the builders of working too slow and not keeping to schedule.  I know nothing about building work, and especially on ancient stone buildings, but it does seem as if little progress has been made as yet.  Apparently (so Mr X shouted), he'd arranged for another trade to come today and do a particular bit of work, at a cost of £900, which couldn't now go ahead as the appropriate prep work hadn't been done by the builders.  He was livid - having an aggressive foul mouthed argument with your builder doesn't seem a good way of resolving things though, does it?  Who knows what'll happen now?  Mr X, we've noticed in the past, has a very short temper and is prone to shouty fits of rage if someone upsets him - another reason why we don't want to make any complaints!

Seems like there's nothing but sport on TV today - tennis, rugby, F1 and cricket, which means husband will be glued to the TV all day....at least it keeps him occupied, I won't say quiet as he keeps up a running commentary on whichever sport he's watching 😒  Well, I'm going to be sitting in my bedroom comfy chair this afternoon, doing some crocheting, I'll shut the door and have my radio on.  Thankfully, there's no building noise from next door after last night's shouting match!

We finally got confirmation through yesterday that the POA for finance is now registered and in place - boy, that took a long time, about 3 months.  Just awaiting the health one now, having had to redo it because of a silly error I made.  

Another week of warm sunshine and no rain forecast, not as hot as a couple of weeks ago, thankfully.  It's very nice of course but does mean we'll have to do a lot of garden watering.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, but at least it's not your problem. I hope it doesn't mean that the work that's already been done has to be re-done!
    Yes, the TV seems to be sport, sport and more sport. The Open golf starts here in a couple of weeks, so it means we'll not be going far. It's funny how everything is being tidied up by the council in readiness. We even saw some workmen filling in potholes! Not doing it properly (God forbid!) just shovelling tar into the holes and levelling them. I wonder how long that'll last?
    Glad your POA is almost sorted. It's a pain getting it done, but I can imagine the pain it would be if you didn't have it and needed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouty neighbours are a nuisance, unless you stock up on popcorn and treat them as entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of kids next door and most of the time it's happy kid noise, which I actually enjoy ( kids outside as opposed to screens). However, when they use their pool, set up above ground each summer, they go from happy kids sounds to shreaking and screaming. Then, if dad is home, his screaming at them to stop screaming adds to the "fun".

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.