Followers

Monday, 6 July 2026

Peaceful Monday

 Well, this morning there are no builders next door, of course they may have taken the day off or be coming in later, due to watching the football last night.  Or they may have resigned following the almighty great row the other day!!  Whatever, we're enjoying the peace.

Actually, it's a lot quieter generally around here this morning - not that there's normally much noise anyway, apart from the building work.  There's less traffic and people, seems like most people here stayed up to watch England win - everyone except us ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll be glad of some respite from sport for a while, husband was watching some sport or other pretty much all day yesterday.  Each to their own of course, but it bores me rigid.

Since cutting back drastically on carbs over the past week, I'm pleased to say this morning that I've lost the few pounds I'd put on through eating too many carbs.  I'm making a seeded GF soda bread today, but will slice and freeze it when cool, my intention is to have just one slice perhaps every other day.  Hot weather again all this coming week, so back to salads most days.  We had a roast dinner yesterday, including our first home grown beetroot and carrots, along with the (ever present) courgettes, I roasted all the veggies.  Whilst it all tasted very nice, I wasn't really that hungry because of the warm weather so left some of mine - husband finished it off.  When it's hot weather, I prefer roasted veggies cold with mayo or a lemony herb dressing, with a sprinkle of grated cheese - favourite hot weather dinner meal for me.  I also like a wedge of room temperature tortilla with salad.

We had a nice morning yesterday, went to Blue Anchor for a long walk up and down the promenade, finishing up with an iced latte (tea for husband) and toasted teacake, we shared one as they are very big.  It was warm but there was quite a strong breeze, it would have been too hot without the breeze.

We've both got optician appointments on Wednesday, I'm fully expecting to have to have new glasses, especially reading ones, my close up sight in my right eye is getting much more blurry.

3 comments:

  1. We noticed how quiet everywhere is this morning, too. Whether people are resting after being up all night watching the football, or it's just a quiet day, I don't know. We're not into football (or any sport) but our daughter and SIL are huge footie fans. They set an alarm so they could watch the match. Whatever floats your boat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our street is very quiet right now. No celebrations for Canada Day this year which I loved.
    Hope the opticians appointment goes well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had sunburn/windburn from that walk more times than I care to think about! Used to love my afternoon walk plus an ice cream from the van on the front. Happy days. So disappointed our favourite b&b re-opened as self catering post Covid.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.