Our local weather app says it's currently 22 deg here, feeling like 23. Well, I've just been putting the washing out in our sun trap of a garden and I would say it's at least 30, there's no breeze to mitigate it. I'm so done with this heat now.
Husband spoke to his sister yesterday, he said she was so breathless she sounded like an old man who'd smoked 50 a day all his life. So we won't be doing much, if any, walking whilst they're here. She also said she's not got much of an appetite and eats mostly sweet things, so I'm rethinking my menu plans. Although she's apparently been given a prognosis of 5 years - with treatment, which she's refusing to have - it doesn't sound like she'll last anywhere near that long, sadly. Life's a bitch at times, isn't it? 😔
Just had a phone call from our landlord's plumber, he says he's got a cancellation this morning so can come to fix our shower - thank goodness. It keeps switching itself off more and more the past few days, and we really need a working shower in this weather!
Happy Introvert, it's the same here, work isn't supposed to start until 8 am, but the builders next door have flouted that on numerous occasions. And no I'm not going to report it. As I've said several times before, it's not like it wakes us up, we're very early risers anyway, and I just think the earlier they start, hopefully the earlier they'll finish. And it won't be going on forever, there will be an end to it and then peace will (hopefully) reign again once more. I know I moan about the noise on here sometimes, but that's just my way of getting it off my chest. No noise today, still no new builders appointed by the looks of things.
Nothing much being done today, the heat is draining me.
I thought it was going to be a bit cooler today, it was overcast first thing. But now, the sun is back out and the thermometer's rising again! Oh, well, we'll soon be complaining about the cold! Like you, I'm doing the bare minimum today.
ReplyDeleteI hope your sister in law enjoys her visit and it doesn't take too much out of her. I can understand her refusing treatment. Sometimes the cure can be worse than the disease.
Glad you're getting the shower sorted. You'll be able to luxuriate without stressing that the water is going to cut out. xx