Come Sunday, husband was backtracking over his offer to buy me the recliner chair - he's still ordering one for himself, but said he'd rather wait till the end of the year to get one for me. The thought of spending so much money in one go was making him break out in a cold sweat....daft, it's not like he can't afford it - he certainly can. I said I'd rather not wait till then and there wasn't any good reason why he couldn't get it now, but said if it made him feel better I was willing to pay some money towards it. He rapidly agreed, I transferred the money to his account and offered to place the order for him. Both chairs are ordered and will be delivered on Thursday π
Yesterday morning was lovely, still sunny and warm but with a brisk cooling breeze, so it felt nice and fresh and just pleasantly warm rather than blisteringly hot and humid. The breeze dropped a bit in the afternoon though so it was back to being hot, and then by the evening it was sticky and humid again. Hayley, my cleaner, made me laugh - she said she'd stayed up to watch the England match in the early hours of the morning the other night....not because she likes football, but because it was so hot she couldn't bear the thought of going upstairs to try and sleep in her sauna of a bedroom! π How anyone can play sports in boiling hot weather I don't know.
The shower stopped a couple of times whilst husband was showering a couple of days ago - and no it wasn't me turning taps on, there was no other water running. It's also stopped again whilst I've been showering, but this morning it was fine, so it seems like it's actually an intermittent fault. I've reported it to the repairs team, they texted with an appointment for a plumber to come.....on the 10th August. So I guess we'll just have to put up with it until then - bit of a first world problem though, I'm very glad we are privileged enough to have a shower!
I went to physio this morning to get the results of my shoulder x-ray. It shows I have OA in my collarbone, and something called calcific tendonitis in the same shoulder. Not heard of it before, but Daisy the physiotherapist said that it's one of the most painful shoulder conditions.....erm yes! She's recommended steroid injections, the first of which I'll have in 6 weeks time. Apparently, the condition should eventually clear up by itself, the injections should help with the pain - according to Daisy, the calcific deposits break down and are reabsorbed into the body, which can be even more painful (nice to know!). In the meantime she's recommended regular cold compresses on my shoulder, 2 or 3 times a day, which she said should help reduce the inflammation. I'm pleased I've finally got a proper diagnosis and some treatment lined up.
Well, despite the faffing about, I'm glad the chairs are ordered and on their way! I have a feeling that you will enjoy the comfort and visual pleasure it will give you!
ReplyDeleteI know what Hayley means. It's generally been OK in our living room with the patio doors open and the fan on, but going upstairs, you can feel it getting hotter and stuffier. Not conducive to restful sleep!
Well, you finally have a diagnosis for your shoulder. What a shame the treatment isn't an instant fix, but that's the way the cookie crumbles! I suppose, if you have to have cold compresses on your shoulder, during a heatwave seems the best time to have them! Got to look for the silver lining. I just hope they do help. xx
I am glad you have had a positive outcome from the physio and the xray. At least you know what the problem is and hopefully the steroid injection will eventually help with the pain.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to read that you now know what the problem is with your shoulder. Hopefully things will get better with the injections. Glad to read about the chairs being ordered.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.