Followers

Friday 7 June 2019

A new craft area

As I mentioned before, I've been doing my cardmaking on the dining table - not ideal, and looks messy, so I've been looking to get a small desk to go up on the landing....there's enough room and the landing is plenty light enough.

Well, yesterday I found the perfect thing for sale on our local neighbourhood website:-

It's solid pine, painted white, with the most gorgeous replacement purple glass drawer knobs, just what I would have chosen myself as replacement knobs, it's like it was made for me!  The seller was only asking £30, we went to have a look yesterday evening and brought it home with us.  Incidentally, the chair is one of a pair of spare dining chairs we have in the garage, is comfortable with a padded seat and just right.  The Ikea 8-drawer unit on the right is full of my yarn.  So I now have my own little crafting area on the landing.

As I was up early again this morning, as always (4.30 am), I had my big mug of coffee, glanced through the paper online, then got on with sorting all my craft stuff on the dining table and boxing it all up ready to take upstairs.  Most of it is now put away in the desk drawers, with a couple of boxes on the floor tucked between the desk and the yarn unit, and one on top of the desk.  I'm going to get one of those 3-tier letter trays, to put all the card blanks in, that are currently in the box on the desk top.  I think I might get a couple of little baskets to hang on butcher's hooks over the banister, to put my most-used little bits of equipment in - like scissors, craft knife, smoothing tool etc. 

I'm really shattered today, the continued lack of sleep is really getting to me now.  As for the sleep clinic - I know it's early days, I haven't even started the programme yet as we're still in the sleep diary assessment week, but I'm beginning to get a bit fed up with them already.  They email me with questions and 'tips' several times a day...most of the tips are just plain common sense and nothing I didn't know already.  And I'm starting to get the feeling that, rather than being a personalised programme tailored especially for me, they're just churning out automatic computer-generated suggestions.  But as I say, the actual programme doesn't start until next Monday when I've completed a week's worth of diary entries, so perhaps I should reserve judgement.  Oh, and a few of the questions they've asked I've thought....huh, if they actually read my sleep diary, they'd have known the answer to that!

People today just don't take enough notice, don't you find?  And they don't listen!  Is it just me?  I don't think so though, you often hear of menopausal women saying they're sure they've become invisible, and I agree.

7 comments:

  1. That's a lovely work area and I agree, that table was indeed a find!
    Hopefully the programme will be much better once it properly gets going.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work area is great. I hope the sleep program helps once it gets going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find, the perfect desk for your craft area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little craft area. You will be able to do all your card making in peace and quiet and leave things out if not completed. Hope the sleep study is more useful to you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a room for all the craft stuff, its great to be able to walk away and leave it, you'll enjoy your little bit of landing.
    And yes,
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your craft hideaway and I look forward to seeing your cards. I notice that you were drinking coffee at 4.30am that is not very good for your sleep pattern.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your craft area looks so different now that all is co-ordinated; that will lift your spirits working there. I am so pleased for you.

    Are you able to unsubscribe from some of the emails from the clinic? It would send me batty too, being hassled by it/them.

    Dickie bought me some Alergy relief tablets from Lloyd's Pharmacy the other day - I took one at 11.00 a.m. and spent the rest of the day snoozing then slept all night until 08.30 the next day -perhaps they might work for you if all else fails? XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.