To follow on from this morning's post.....thank you all for your concerns.
However, husband feels much better today than he did yesterday, it's not an emergency situation (i.e. he doesn't need - or want - an ambulance), I'm fairly sure he doesn't need to go to A&E. As stated, I can't drive, therefore I can't get him there anyway - unless we called an ambulance, which he doesn't need. The nearest A&E department is 40 mins drive away. As for him peeing blood - he's been doing that on and off for the past 10 weeks, and neither the (various) GPs we've seen, nor the hospital docs we saw for his cystoscopy, seem to think it's an emergency!
As i said, we will be getting an emergency GP appointment tomorrow (we can always see someone on the same day we ring), and i will take the discharge letter from the hospital with me (the GP has a copy of it already) and point out that they say the GP needs to refer husband back to hospital in the event of further visible bleeding....i dare say it will be another 'urgent, within 2 weeks' appointment, the same as his cystoscopy referral.
I would be happy for him to have a short stay in hospital - at least he might get sorted then, all this 'it takes time, he's just got to grin and bear it' crap that the doctors keep coming out with is all very well, but it's not them suffering. By the same token, however, it's clear none of them think it's an emergency, or else he would be in hospital. It will make things decidedly awkward for me with regard to getting him into hospital, should a stay be offered - and home again - and it's doubtful i will be able to visit him. But if a hospital stay is able to be arranged, then fine, we will take it.
I don't know what more i can do or say.