Followers

Tuesday 2 July 2019

more sad news

My aunt, my mum's sister who is 10 years younger than mum, is in hospital with kidney failure and pneumonia, her husband and my cousin have been called back into the hospital this evening and told she's not expected to recover.  She's been unwell for some time but has deteriorated suddenly and very rapidly.  

I am so sad, I lived with my aunt for several periods throughout my teens, she was a huge part of my life and we got on extremely well, she was more like a big sister to me than an aunt.  I am really sad that I won't be able to get to see her one last time, although maybe it's for the best, I will have happier memories of her in better health when i last saw her.

And when i spoke to mum yesterday on the phone, she was so confused it was a really surreal conversation, quite upsetting.

Husband had a fairly good morning but is now back to feeling feverish and shivery.  

It's really hard to try and keep my chin up when all this shit is happening around me.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about your Aunt and your husband is having a bad day.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel for you Sooze. I guess its just our age that's the problem, elderly parents and we ourselves crumbling, its not funny.
    Good to hear that hubby is a bit better though.
    We had a horrible weekend, coming to terms with what is happening isn't easy and although most of the time we cope there are times when we don't.
    Keep strong.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Briony I feel for you and what you are going through at the moment - one thing after another. Sorry to hear your mum is not so good again - it is the nature of the illness and difficult to cope with. Thinking of you all, take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your aunt. Things have to make a turn for the better for you soon Sooze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heck, there just doesn't seem any end to it for you.
    I'm sending ((positive vibes)) from Suffolk and ((hugs)) too

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Aunt and hope her stay in hospital is made as comfortable as possible. This will be a worrying time for your Mum too. Best wishes and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry to hear about your Aunt Sooze.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sad news for you sweetheart, I am so sorry. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.