Followers

Tuesday, 10 August 2021

Fish pie!

 For my overseas readers (sorry for confusing you!!).

Fish pie is basically poached fish, broken up into chunks and mixed with a white sauce, topped with mashed potato.

I made mine using cod, smoked haddock and prawns - you can use any combination of fish you like, really.  I poached the cod and smoked haddock in milk, then broke the fish up into chunks (as mentioned).  I then used the poaching milk to make a parsley sauce and mixed this into the fish, along with the prawns (I used cooked ones, but you can use raw.....oh and I believe you call prawns shrimp?).  I also mixed in some sweetcorn and sliced mushrooms, then divided the mixture into 3 oven dishes.  Each dish I then topped with well seasoned mashed potato and a sprinkle of grated cheese.

Heat through in a medium oven for about 30 mins, or a bit longer if you take it straight out of the freezer.  Heat until it's properly hot right through to the centre.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sooze that sounds flipping lovely. I'm famished and I love fish pie. It's now on the menu for tomorrow. Stuffed peppers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use cod, salmon, and shrimp. I find the smoked fish dominates the dish.

    But that's the beauty of cooking, we all do it our own way

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very tasty. Thanks for the explanation.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dearly love a good fish pie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a vegetarian I shall pass lol…you are so energetic…

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.