Followers

Saturday 26 February 2022

Support, emotional and physical

 Thank you for all the lovely comments, it does help a lot.  As I've said, I am very worried about the car, we are restricting journeys to essential trips only, every time we go out in it the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, particularly when it goes into limp mode or more warning lights come on, which is happening more and more now.  As mentioned, as long as it transports all the stuff to and from the caravan next week (even if we do have to keep stopping and switch the engine off, to allow it to reset itself), then it will have done what we wanted it to do.  If it doesn't - well then we will have a problem.  But we'll just have to cross that bridge if we come to it.  It is worrying the life out of me though.

Again I haven't rung the GP - to be honest, I don't see much point, I'm sure all he'll do is give me more painkillers (cocodamol, as that's pretty much all I can take, and I don't like taking them because they make me very constipated, which means I then have to take something else to counteract that).  He'll most likely refer me to physio too, but they're so behind they're taking weeks and months to see anyone, and then they want to do phone consultations, which frankly I think is ridiculous for physio.  The knee support I got from Amazon is actually very good, here it is:-


I've worn it for a day and a half and my knee feels much stronger for it and hasn't given way once, which is marvellous.  Having my knee give way when I'm coming downstairs is bloody scary, and it was happening every day, I daren't come down without holding onto both banister rails.  The support makes me feel more confident that I'm not going to fall downstairs and break assorted bones, or worse.  And it's a pretty pink and soft grey!

We were informed yesterday by our electricity supplier that our monthly payment will be going up by 50% from April, which is pretty much what I expected.  We'll cope, but it is getting harder, especially when food and fuel prices are going up weekly.  I am confident though that I can feed us well on a reduced budget, I'm pretty good at grabbing bargains, making meat stretch and making meals out of leftovers.  

9 comments:

  1. Your knee support has a lovely squishy soft comfortable look to it….from what you’ve saying it seems to be doing the job. Which is what you need, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your support looks brilliant, similar to the one I used to use when skiing. Isn't it lovely to feel more confident about the knee joint? I am so sorry to learn about your car and it's hard not to worry about it.

    We had the same email from our electric supplier this week (I think most people have). Seeing the numbers like that - a 50% rise on an already large number - made me feel quite sick. And Dog knows what effect Putin's attack will have on prices. But this morning I am in a warm, safe house watching the sunrise. It is quiet and I am in no danger - and those are things which Ukranian citizens wold probably give anything for right now, so I am counting my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the knee support is working, it's scary when your joints give way. I think, Putin's madness will affect lots of prices, but, as Jayne says, at least we are safe here (for now). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't pay by DD so haven't had an email but I fear prices will rise even more due to the awful happenings in Ukraine. UK doesn't get huge amounts of electric and gas from Russia but other countries do and if they have to stop it will put pressure on supplies and force up costs.
    It's all very frightening.

    A knee support sounds a good idea, especially for stairs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knee support looks very comfortable indeed and it's brilliant that it's doing such a good job.

    I got a letter too, telling me prices are going up. Tell me something I don't already know, thought I. We've had it good for so long, haven't we, that this is hurting rather.

    Good luck with the car - typical that it should happen just when you are going to need it more again. :-(
    ((( hugs )))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm awaiting our fuel increase April letter, if ours goes up by another 50%, we'll be paying nearly £300 a month!!! Our house is small as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might take your lead and find a similar knee brace. Our budget fuel was recalculated and will be going up as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that the knee brace is working for you.

    Keeping my fingers crossed with the car.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have a look for a knee brace like that. My knee constantly gives way due to the nerve damage I suffered following my hip op.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.