Followers

Thursday 18 July 2024

Emptying out the cupboards

 Husband's at the gym this morning, he's got 3 or 4 weeks left of his GP-referral 20 week course.  He says he wants to carry on going on a pay-as-you-go basis once the course is finished, which I think is a good idea, he can go when he likes/when it's convenient then.  At the moment it's a fixed day and appointment time each week, which doesn't always work out as we have so many other appointments and commitments to fit in, and trips to the caravan of course.

I've put washing on the line and made some bread dough, I imagine it will prove very quickly in this hot weather.  I'm going to start emptying the kitchen cupboards this morning, packing away all the stuff that isn't regularly used.  Most of it is in the double corner cupboard and below the sink drainer - these two cupboards have always had a musty/mouldy smell, hence why I only keep rarely-used crockery etc in there, and if I do use anything out of those cupboards, it gets washed first - don't want to ingest any mould spores!  There isn't any mould visible at the back of the cupboard below the sink, although I can't really see in the back of the deep corner cupboard, it's too awkward to get to.  Obviously I'll wash and dry anything I take out of those cupboards, before I pack the stuff in the plastic boxes.

I mentioned the mouldy/musty smell to the kitchen fitting manager who came last week, he said it's a common problem and the fitters will get it sorted if there is a leak or mould problems found when they take out the units.  They come equipped for mould but if there's a leak or other problem, they'll get the appropriate person in to deal with it before the new units go in.

I've got pruning and dead-heading to do in the garden as well, it'll probably be sensible to do that now before it gets too hot this afternoon, then I'll do the cupboard sorting later on - luckily, this bungalow stays cool indoors.

Rosemary - I keep a bag of art supplies in the caravan, just in case I feel the urge!  Last year I drew my Christmas cards there, during our last month or so of the season.  

4 comments:

  1. It's good that your husband wants to carry on his gym sessions. He must be feeling the benefits! The kitchen fitters must be used to musty/mouldy cupboards, so will get it sorted for you. Oh, how you're going to love your new kitchen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be so good to have a brand new kitchen, to your own design and choice and to know exactly what's behind all the units before they are put in place. This bungalow of yours just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they get the mold sorted...hard to get rid of.
    Love the potatoes! Great haul...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding my bread dough rises in next to no time at all at the moment.
    It will be great to have everything shiny new and mould free, smelling fresh and clean. I bet you can't wait. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.