Yesterday afternoon turned out to be just as hot as the preceding days, Betty and I were both limp rags. I don't know about you, but this weather just tires me out so much, even though I'm not doing anything strenuous - or anything much at all, to be honest. I guess it's also a case of being tired during the day because I'm not sleeping well, both Betty and I are restless and uncomfortable during the night, due to the heat. It is a bit cooler this morning, due to there being more of a breeze - it felt so lovely first thing when I went round opening all the windows wider - I've kept them open a little the past few nights. I don't much like having windows open at night in a bungalow, although I'm quite sure Betty would raise the alarm if anyone tried to get in.
I've just checked the forecast for the coming week - temperatures here are still forecast to be in the 30s until Friday, when it drops(!!) to 27. I'll be a dripping wreck by then.
I asked husband this morning to get some veg in - I actually ask him at least every other day, I specifically told him this year I do not want marrows so he'd better make sure he picks the courgettes before they get to that size, which he has done, apart from a couple that he'd missed and were on their way to being marrow sized. We've had several bags of new potatoes, which are lovely - husband complains because they're not jacket potato sized....well they're not supposed to be, they're first and second earlies and are just the right size for boiled new potatoes or potato salads. We've also had a few carrots - again small sized but that's fine by me, and one picking of beetroot, enough for 2 meals for us both. He's been saying up to yesterday that our French beans weren't ready - well I had a quick look yesterday and saw loads of a perfect size for eating now. The trouble is, he sows so many seeds and so thickly that everything grows all clumped together in massed bushes, so he can't see much because he doesn't look past the end of his nose - if something isn't right in front of his face, he can't see it. This morning he brought in a bowlful of new potatoes, half a dozen small carrots and 4 golf ball sized beets, I suggested he go and look for more carrots and beets. He's just come back in with another half dozen carrots....and the most ginormous beetroot, small football sized, and he says there are more that size! Oh and he also, having looked properly, came in with a bowlful of French beans, enough for about 6 meals for the two of us. Oh and about a dozen courgettes. I intend to roast a large trayful of the root veggies, some for dinner this evening and more to have cold as salads for the next few days.
I should mention that the reason husband remembered which recliner chair I'd said I liked is because it's a very distinctive colour and pattern:-

I love the chair and it will be lovely to have it in your own room. Seem to be able to comment again-I have no idea what happens when I can’t! Catriona
ReplyDeleteAll that fresh, home grown veg makes my mouth water. Save me some roasted veg, I'm on my way! 🤣 😋
ReplyDeleteI love that recliner chair. I can see why you were drawn to it. It will go so well in your room and looks really comfy. You'll not want to get out of it! xx
The chair is gorgeous, it sounds like it will fit right in. I’m also a fan of roasted vegetables, they’re so versatile.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's an amazing statement piece of a chair! I bet it would cheer your soul every time you see and sink into it. Thanks for posting, we have a couple of fairly easy reach CareCo outlets.
ReplyDeleteThat chair is so joyful, you can’t help but smile when you look at it! Enjoy. June
ReplyDeleteWow - a chair to cheer you up on any grey day!
ReplyDelete