There are times when I wish things could be different, that our lives could be different. But they're not, it is what it is and wishing doesn't get us anywhere, so I just have to yank my big girl's pants up and get on with things. Bearing in mind that the majority of our visitors (and we've had quite a lot in the 2.5 years we've lived here) are husband's relatives, not mine, it would be nice if he helped more with the planning, preparation and work. But he doesn't, he does very little unless I specifically ask him to, and then I have to be very precise about exactly what I want him to do. So I'm pretty much worn out and stressed by the time the visitors arrive, and this happens every time. And now, this morning, he's thrown a curve ball and wants to change the plans I'd made.... having asked him last week what he'd like to do and him having shrugged and said he didn't mind, so leaving it all up to me in other words, as is usual. Sometimes I would just love it if someone else took charge for a change. Dream on girl, that's never gonna happen.
I feel a bit tearful this morning actually, it's going to be bittersweet seeing husband's sister and niece, with the knowledge that we probably won't see them again after this. And it makes me sad that I'm not able to see more of my family.
As SiL continues to smoke, despite her lung cancer, we'll be sitting in the garden a lot, so it's a blessing that it's cooler now but still dry and warm.
Oh, Sooze, life does throw us some sh1t at times, doesn't it? we can either grit our teeth and get on with things, or crumble into a sobbing mess. And we all know which is the better option!
ReplyDeleteIt will be bittersweet seeing your SiL and niece. It's not surprising you feel a bit weepy. I'm sure, when it comes to it, though, you'll all have a good time and make some lovely memories, and that's the whole point. Remember, things don't have to be perfect, so try not to stress. Relax and go with the flow! Have a great time. xx
Your sister in law and niece will appreciate all you have done for their visit and we know the efforts you have made to make the visit as relaxing and peaceful as possible. Catriona
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, I think it's only natural to feel a little down in the circumstances but I think once your visitors arrive, the stress of getting everything ready and planning everything will fade. Your husband is lucky to have someone who cares enough to do the things you do.
ReplyDelete((Hugs)). I hope that you have a wonderful visit with your sister-in-law and niece. You will be making wonderful memories with them.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Life’s not fair at all at times Sooze. You deal with things admirably and get things sorted despite obstacles thrown in your way by your husband. It’s only right you will feel tearful at times but enjoy your SiL’s visit and make memories. They are what keep us all going and sure they will for you and your SiL too.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain Sooze. It's the same here unfortunately.
ReplyDelete