Thank you for all the lovely comments about my lavender drawing. I put the photo on FB too, a few minutes later there was a knock at the door, it was one of my neighbours, the very talented artist lady who drew my fabulous Betty portrait. She'd seen my drawing on FB and, knowing I'm just starting out with artwork, she brought some of her stock of different types of art paper for me to try out. She explained the differences in paper types and what they were best suited for, and gave me some tips on buying coloured pencils. How lovely of her to take the trouble, people can be so kind. I wouldn't even have thought about there being different types of paper, other than the thickness of it. She's also going to sort out some of her (expensive and quality!) pencils for me to try. What a lovely lady, we have such nice neighbours. One of the reasons why I don't really want to move from here, unless and until we have to, for health reasons.
Just waiting for the skip to arrive. Husband is breaking up our old wooden garden seat, which is falling to bits, I've just sorted out the big plastic box full of littler plastic storage containers in the kitchen. There were loads of split tubs, or tubs without lids, or lids with no tubs.....they've all filled a large carrier bag to go in the skip. I don't really want to buy any more plastic tubs in the future.....although to be fair, they're not single use plastic, they get reused umpteen times. I think I've got enough to last several years anyway!
Now I need to do a freezer inventory and menu plan for the week....that's sort of been forgotten about lately, it's just been a case of looking in the freezer in the morning and pulling out something for the evening meal that day. I much prefer having a plan though and knowing what I'm doing each day.
Does anybody watch Line of Duty? I'm happy it's back on with a new series, I love it - although do find it a bit confusing at times, especially when they talk in abbreviations. Like last night, they kept saying a word which I guessed was an abbreviation or acronym (ooh, get me), and quickly fathomed what it meant....the word was CHIS (which I initially misheard as something very rude!! 😳 Shows my schoolboyish sense of humour, I couldn't help laughing every time they said it after that 😂) and I gathered it meant an informer. Apparently (I asked my ex-policeman brother) it stands for Covert Human Intelligence Source - what a mouthful, no wonder they say CHIS....but what was wrong with informer?
I've been very down the past couple of days, desperately missing people. Sod this bloody lockdown, I've just had enough of it, missing our friends/family and physical contact is just so damaging to our mental health. It's a pity that isn't understood more.
What a very kind neighbour. It's so nice when something unexpected like that happens. I don't watch Line of Duty, but I too giggled when I read that word! Sorry you're feeling down again, but take heart, Sooze, we're very nearly at the point when we can meet someone outdoors and have a coffee. I know we won't be able to hug yet, but that time will come. Hugs. xx
ReplyDeleteLine of Duty is VERY confusing, if it was a book I'd need to go back and start again. At the end of the programme the between programmes announcer explained what those initials were - I puzzled over Non Human Informers - Dogs? Cats?
ReplyDeleteThat's just what you want, a person in the know to get you on the right track. Often when we do crafts we sort of muddle through don't we?
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the 'Line of Duty' I got a bit fed up with it last night and hope it improves.
Briony
x
I love Line of Duty, but was confused at times, but it's linking back to earlier series, so all will be revealed. I find going out in the garden for short periods to wander around or potter at jobs that don't need doing helps me. Lovely neighbour you have, the support we have seen in the last year has shown what a joy it is to have friendly people in your street.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely thoughtful neighbour, people are showing their caring sides during lockdown aren't they. We have never watched Line of Duty but we're beginning to feel we are missing out on something really good, so I feel a bit of a binge watch coming on. Loved Sue's comment above :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a really kind neighbour you have. Great advice too. I know what you mean about tubs and lids, loads of them but can never find a matching pair😂
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful to have a neighbour help you get started with the painting. It has been the one positive that has come of this pandemic, the kindness of some. Like you I am missing human contact and family.
ReplyDeleteYour artist neighbor sounds very generous. Yes, lockdown is damaging to people's mental health. I am concerned about teenagers and people in their twenties not getting in much happy socializing. Also I visit a lady who lives in a retirement home, and she is suffering from isolation, I haven't seen her in a year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a truly kind thing to do. She sounds a lovely neighbour.
ReplyDeletexx