Followers

Thursday 15 August 2024

And all done....

 Baking and dry foods cupboards done, along with the drawers, this morning.  Now all that's left in the kitchen cupboards is essentials for the next 10 days or so, along with the cooking appliances.  I'm pleased it's all done, I got on and did it whilst husband was out at the gym, it meant I didn't have to keep directing him, answering his constant questions and taking out things he'd packed (without asking me) that we actually need still.

All this extra organisation and planning, on top of the normal everyday stuff, and fielding, dealing with and listening to his constant obsessions and talking at me, is exhausting.  If someone (a fairy godmother with a magic wand) said they could grant me a wish, I think I'd ask for a week on a desert island.  Well, a spa would be better, a half empty one at that.  Except that I'd be worrying about what husband was up to in my absence!

We went to Blue Anchor Bay for a stroll along the prom with Betty yesterday evening, I just needed a breath of sea air.  There were quite a few people about (there are holiday camps there) but it wasn't exactly crowded, it was just nice to be out for a stroll and a lean on the wall to look out to sea.  Well, the Bristol channel and across to Wales.  Sunny, but quite windy, so we didn't stay out long.  I do love living so close to the seaside - it's not really walking distance but only a very short drive, less than 10 minutes.

Lunch will be poached eggs on toast, followed by prepping of a pasta bake for dinner, using up a homegrown and homemade veg sauce from the freezer.  Then I've got some banking and admin stuff to do, then sitting in my recliner chair starting on a new book.  Which reminds me, it's the last of my current set of library books, so I need to go on Monday to return them and stock up on more.

3 comments:

  1. All organised and well ahead of time ... now you can relax. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I please have a little of your energy? Time to put your feet up for a while, methinks. I bought 4 books from the Oxfam shop on Saturday - 4 for £1, so I'm sorted for some time. Just as well, the rain is pouring here. Oh, well, British summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that everything is completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.