Followers

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Nearly done

 Much cooler overnight and the awful humidity has gone, so better sleeps for all 3 of us.  It's 24 deg with a brisk breeze now, so really quite pleasant, although showers are forecast all afternoon.  The garden certainly needs it.

We sorted out another 3 kitchen cupboards this morning, just the baking tins/cookware cupboard to do, plus 2 double food cupboards and 3 drawers.  We had 2 plastic tubs full of medications and vitamins in the kitchen, I went through them.  Several had old meds of husband's - he had quite a few of his heart meds changed a few months ago, I had one change of med.  And some of the vitamins and hayfever meds were out of date.  The out of date vitamins went in the dustbin, the old prescription meds in a bag to be handed in at our surgery's pharmacy, for them to safely dispose of.

I remember when my mother-in-law died, she had about 6 or 7 CARRIER BAGS full of prescription medications, some current but others well out of date, she must have been hanging onto them for years (she was a hoarder, as is husband, which is obviously where he gets it from).  I think that's one of the reasons why I'm fairly minimalist - I hate seeing clutter anyway, but can't bear the thought of someone else having to sort through a ton of stuff after I've died.

I've done the final freezer inventory and menu plan, I'll be able to use up almost everything in the freezer, I'm pleased about that.  I think the only things that will be left will be a tub of homemade cauli/broccoli cheese and a couple of home baked jacket spuds, both of which we'll take to the caravan.  Oh, there might be half a bag of frozen spinach, but I'm not going to fret about that - it's not one of my favourite veggies anyway, I only buy it occasionally as it's supposed to be good for you!

We've been invited to the caravan owners annual bbq next month.  Last year's one was on a blisteringly hot day, we didn't stay very long, it was just too hot.  Mind you, that was in June, hopefully next month it won't be that hot.

7 comments:

  1. You sound like you have it all very well in hand. The weather here was lovely first thing so I got two loads of washing done and out, then it started raining. :-(

    I dread to think how many medications and dressings etc we will have to hand over when we lose Mum, plus the hospital bed and all the aids she has been given to try and aid her staying at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how quickly "stuff" accumulates, isn't it? You've done well sorting out the kitchen cupboards. Should all be plain sailing! I hope the weather is warm and dry for the BBQ. British weather is so unpredictable, though. Shouldn't be snowing, at least! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, you are really getting ready for the make-over of the kitchen. Good for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so well organized, amazing. A couple of handfulls or so of frozen spinach is rather nice added to curries. I much prefer it to fresh coriander, which I can't abide anyway (food of the devil!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sound as though you are getting your mojo back after that grim virus. Nothing like having a good sort out to pep you up, I find! I like fresh spinach in salads, although I'm not so keen on it cooked or frozen. But a bit of fresh spinach stirred into pasta or curry and just 'wilted' before being served is something I often enjoy. Not long now until you'll be able to admire your new kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Still throwing out old things! Never ending job!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't care much for spinach so never buy it. I'm not sure why because I live veggies in general. Odd. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.