Followers

Friday 9 August 2024

Black dog

 Depression and anxiety has kicked in again and I'm finding things very hard to cope with right now.

A very near neighbour in one of the large private houses alongside us is having a big extension built and the constant noise is very aggravating.  Considering they block the (quite narrow) road up with builders skips which are being filled constantly throughout the day, with diggers and equipment deliveries on and off throughout the day also, I'm quite surprised the disruption was allowed by the Planning Dept, perhaps they're a Councillor or have friends in high places - the planning application and permissions for the skips were obviously okayed.  The obvious answer would be to get out of the way and go to the caravan but, as I said, it's forecast to be hot over the weekend and neither Betty nor I can cope with the heat in the caravan.  And, in any case, I've just not been well enough to go this week.

We've got some heavy financial stuff going on at the moment and husband is adding to my anxiety by constantly asking "Who's paying for that, you or me?" all the time.  I know he can't help it, it's one of his many obsessions that have got worse with his cognitive impairment, but boy does it add to the problems I'm having.  Betty is obviously picking up on my anxiety and is playing up - she's always been a bit of an anxious and excitable doggy anyway, but I was able to contain and deal with it better before.

We've had no hot water since Monday evening, I've reported the problem but the Housing Association say the earliest date they can get someone out to fix it is 6th September, although they said they'll try and get out sooner if they get a cancellation.  The shower still works (it's electric and separate to the hot water), but it is a bit of a nuisance having to boil a kettle for hot water for everything else.  I'm not complaining, it would be a problem if we had no water at all, it's just an inconvenience really but is something else that husband constantly goes on about - as if I can do anything to expedite it!

I did have a chat with husband a couple of days ago and let him know how much anxiety and stress I've suffering right now, and how unhelpful he's been since I've been unwell, and how extremely irritating he's being by constantly backchatting and arguing with me, over the stupidest little things.  He's calmed down a bit since then and even offered to serve up dinner yesterday, but I know it'll only be a temporary reprieve before he's back to normal.  Well, his normal.

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments, and I'm sorry I've not been replying or leaving comments on your blogs - I did make a start on trying to comment on other blogs yesterday, but gave up as my head wasn't in the right place, sorry about that.  My blogging might be (well, will be if truth be told) a bit sporadic until I get myself together again.

5 comments:

  1. Noise and disruption is bad enough when you're feeling okay, but if you're under the weather, it's a nightmare. Try to relax as much as you can. Hopefully you'll get some respite over the weekend. Sending hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things pick up for you soon. Try getting yourselves to the coast for walks, or even just sit downs, breathing in that lovely fresh air. I always find it does me the world of good, especially if I can sit in peace and quiet. Buying Alan a bacon butty usually shuts him up for 20 minutes, while I sip on a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that matters is you and your health take care of you do whatever you need to do that . :) short of murder ....hugs my dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Hopefully you can get away from the mess for a bit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you much love. Please don't worry either about posting or commenting but focus on your needs at the moment. After such a nasty illness, it can take a while to pick up, both mentally and physically. (((hugs))) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.