We went out to the supermarket early this morning to get a few fresh bits and some dog chews, it wasn't busy, thank goodness, and there didn't seem to be any shortages - well, not on the things we needed anyway. That's the last time I'll be going shopping for several weeks, I'm under orders from the hospital to observe strict social distancing and safety measures from today, and self isolation (house arrest) from Sunday 10th until my op on the 13th. I have to go for a Covid test on the morning of the 10th. I've also been advised to do the strict social distancing for 14 days after my op. I do hope it goes ahead, I'm really banking on having this op, my life is on hold until it's done.
I had to go to the surgery for a blood test yesterday. When I got there, it turned out to be a different nurse from the one I usually have, the one I saw yesterday admitted she doesn't usually do blood tests and my heart sank. My blood is very reluctant to come out, I always make sure i drink at least a couple of glasses of water beforehand to plump up my veins. As I've had 100s of blood tests over the years, I know exactly where the best place is to get it from and my usual nurse doesn't have too much trouble. This one, however, didn't seem to have a clue...I've ended up with half a dozen punctures and bruising (I bruise easily) in both arms, it's a good job I'm not remotely squeamish about it. And she still didn't manage to get any blood at all, not a drop (3 tubes for different tests required). So I have to go back next week to see my usual nurse, which I'm not very happy about, bloody nuisance.
I've spent the last couple of days batch cooking meals and freezing them....chilli, chicken casserole, savoury mince, meatloaf and fish pie. So after my op when I'm recuperating, I won't have to keep getting out of bed to prep and cook meals, husband can just get one out of the freezer and do some veg to go with it, I'm sure he can manage that. We've got pizzas, sausages, burgers, cod in batter, chips etc in the freezer too, but those kind of things I only eat once in a while, I certainly don't want them every day.
Isn't it great news about the Oxford vaccine being approved? Hopefully it'll speed things up and we'll be getting the vaccine sooner. Can't have it soon enough as far as I'm concerned.
Thank you again for all your support, I'm very touched. xx
EDIT As we're now in Tier 4, we won't be going anywhere in any case. Good job we don't need anything.
Well, it sounds as if the hospital is assuming your op is going ahead. Fingers crossed. I, too, give my blood very reluctantly, I have deep veins and it's always hit and miss as to whether they get any blood at all. When you get someone who can do it, it's OK, otherwise... I can't wait to get the vaccine. The Oxford vaccine should speed things up. I just hope the Government get organised. There are many people trained to give injections, and they need to utilise them asap. If only we were in charge, Sooze, we'd get 'em sorted! xx
ReplyDeleteAgreed happyhooker...move those silly people aside, the public will organize the unorganizable. They act as if they didn't know it was coming. Someone has to take care of it.
ReplyDeletePoor you having to go back again for blood tests. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes ahead and you are pain free. You are good prepping food at least you should be able to relax while recuperating from the op.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed that your op goes ahead as planned. I know from experience that waiting and waiting when you are in pain is so depressing. The vaccine is, indeed, very good news. I'm still awaiting 2 procedures at the hospital and with us moving to tier 4 from tonight I'm not holding out much hope as my problems are not classed as urgent. I hope your blood test next week is not so traumatic.
ReplyDeleteAll that faffing about and not a drop of blood taken ... ouch!! Well at least for the moment it seems that your operation could be going ahead. 🤞🤞🤞
ReplyDeletefingers crossed for you, it looks positive though
ReplyDelete