Followers

Thursday, 31 December 2020

A crap year

 What a crap year this has been, for most of us.  I got sent flowers from my friend on Christmas eve, very unexpectedly, I had to throw them away yesterday as they were all wilting and dying.  They didn't even last a week, oddly for florist flowers....somehow it just seemed to sum up how crappy things have been.

Last night, having woken up in the early hours, I couldn't get back to sleep (as usual), so put the light on to read.  I sat on the edge of the bed and accidentally knocked my book off the bedside cabinet, it bounced off my foot and shot under the bed....I just burst into tears, in a strange way it kind of felt like the last straw.

Some of my plans are unravelling - I had planned on going away for a week after my recovery from the operation (assuming it does go ahead).  However, the new covid restrictions have put paid to that...well, postponed it indefinitely, I have no idea when I'll be able to get away.  I'm not going to dwell on it though, I'll keep myself busy by starting another declutter, a major one this time, starting with my kitchen equipment cupboards.  Anything I haven't used for months, or isn't in the best condition, is going....either to the tip or to be sold cheaply on the local selling pages.  It'll all have to be stored in the garage for the time being, until restrictions are lifted.


7 comments:

  1. Sometimes the smallest thing can be the thing that bursts the dam. Crying can help release the pressure. We're trying to do some decluttering, but getting rid of stuff is now a real faff! We're on the road out of the pandemic, just have to hang in there, arms outstretched ready for the vaccine! Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the tears helped. It's been a long and hard road for you and sometimes things just give.
    With much love for everything
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year. 2021 has to be better. Sending an extra ((hug)) to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vaccine is coming. Get all of those horrible jobs done in the cold weather and look ahead to the spring, We are all together in this. Happy and healthy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs...I too, hope the tears helped relieve some stress.
    There is at least a vaccine at the end of the tunnel. Imagine if there weren't. It would really be unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and love. Crying is good. Keeping everything crossed the op is happening in January. More hugs.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.