My lovely friend didn't manage another week, she died yesterday. No pain anymore...and she always had pain, as she had scoliosis. You'd never hear her complain, although sometimes a little frown would cross her face when she was walking or even sitting...when I asked if she was ok, she'd wave it off and say something like 'oh I'm a little stiff today darling....but how are YOU?'. There's an example there to follow, I think. She called me Lovely Girl, which always made me smile...I'm 61 so it's a long time since I was a girl. She was 74, but had a very young outlook and wore some lovely stylish colourful clothes, she did love colour.
I've been keeping busy, and smiling when I think about her. It was a privilege to know her.
I am sorry you lost your friend today but her example is a good thing to try and do.
ReplyDeleteI have lost 4 long time friends the past year, the last one was yesterday. I always think it's harder at Christmas time, I am phoning a friend this afternoon who lost her daughter a few years ago and it would be her birthday to day.
Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈🤗🤗
So sorry to hear of your friend's passing, but glad you can remember her with a smile. She sounds like a lovely lady. xx
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry you have lost your friend, she sounds like she was a lovely positive person. Take care. xx
ReplyDeleteI oo and aa all the time with my joints and often think I should just shut up. Your friend was a star not complaining.
ReplyDeleteBriony
x
Sorry to hear of your loss. It's good that you have such lovely memories of her. Hugs x
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you. I'm glad you have beautiful memories to cherish. xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely girl she was, sorry for your loss Sooze. Hugs x
ReplyDeleteSad news about your friend, she sounds she like she was a lovely lady. Sadly a year of not going to funerals, but you have happy memories. Hope things are a bit better if your household, at least the sun is out 'just up the road'
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your friend wear some bright colours in her memory. Heather
ReplyDeleteSo sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to read this. X
ReplyDelete