Once again I'm very grateful for all your comments, they really do help, thank you.
I've kept myself occupied the last few days...reorganising the big freezer (how it gets so muddled up I don't know - well, I do, and it's not me!). I did a week's menu plan using up things in the freezer to free up space for all the extra milk etc I bought in this week's shop - I got enough shopping, along with what we've got already, to see us through well into January. We do have a big organic veg box delivery due on Christmas eve, that should last us 2 weeks. I've organised the food cupboards in the kitchen and the extra stores cupboards in the utility room.
I've spent time every day in my craft room, making and writing Christmas cards and some gift tags, along with thank you cards for the friends and neighbours who helped us out, and a couple of birthday cards. Betty comes in to lie on the spare bed watching me, it's nice to have her company. I've enjoyed crafting, it's been stimulating and calming at the same time and kept me occupied.
I realised I'd completely run out of books to read, so asked a neighbour who's an avid reader and buyer of books if she could lend me some. She sorted out a large carrier bag full and left them on her doorstep for me to collect, that should keep me going for a while. One of them is the supervet Noel Fitzpatrick's autobiography, should be interesting.
I'm still wishing for this year to be over, and for us to have the covid vaccination as soon as possible. I think only then will I start to feel like the anxiety and stress might ease up.
Hi Sooze, I'm glad you've been keeping busy, you seem to have done much more than I have. I can't muster the enthusiasm for much nowadays. I can't wait to get the call for the vaccine, but although I'm 66 I don't have any underlying health problems, so I'm not holding my breath! 2020 has certainly been a horrible year and like you, I can't wait for it to be over. I just hope, as 2021 unfolds, things start to improve. Take care. xxx
ReplyDeleteOh, you have the best kind of neigbhor, one who drops off a bag of books. I hope the vaccine is safe with no dangerous side effects. I am a senior citizen and will get it when offered, waiting to see about its safety and efficacy.
ReplyDeleteI like everyone else is hoping that the vaccine will make a difference. These new restrictions and changes are a depressing thought but all we can do it hope for the best. Love the sound of the organic veg box. Take care.
ReplyDelete