Followers

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Apologies if I'm boring you!

 I'm going to be very boring for the next 3 or 4 weeks I expect, will be going on about the caravan, so I'm sorry about that and won't mind if you don't want to read or comment!  It's documenting everything we're doing and keeping a record so that we have something to look back on when it's all done, and can see what a difference we've made to this old tatty grubby caravan that even the site owner thought we were mad to take on.  Although he's pleased that we did and is very intrigued to see what we do to it and how it's going to look when it's done.  I'm sure he'll be pleasantly surprised.

This morning we're back over there to sugar soap the walls and ceiling in the lounge and de-cobweb the places we haven't yet done.  We have a local 'man and van' coming over today to see exactly what rubbish needs to be taken away and give us a quote.  He's actually fully booked for rubbish removal for the next several days, he can't take the stuff away until the 21st, but that's fine, there's plenty of room behind the caravan (it backs onto a tree and hedge lined boundary) to store everything until then.  He and his wife do the rubbish removal together (rather her than me!!), I had several conversations with him via Messenger yesterday and he sounds a lovely genuine family man, he's fully licensed so I'm not worried that he might be a fly tipper.

More later.

15 comments:

  1. Love your story of the new vacation home. What is a fly tipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone who dumps rubbish illegally anywhere other than a licenced Council refuse centre. Thanks for your question Brenda, I sometimes forget that not all my readers are from the UK!

      Delete
    2. I love your blog and love the new to you van saga

      Delete
  2. Been reading your blog for awhile but never commented before. I am looking forward to hearing about your journey in getting the van sorted, need before and after pictures. I am pleased something is going right for you at last. Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are never boring and it's interesting to learn about static 'caravanning'.

    Apart from that, it's your blog and you write in it what you want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to your writing about the caravan you are a different person now since you have the van, you sound so much brighter. Enjoy your day.
    Hazel 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying your excitement, something good for you both to enjoy for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finding the news about how the van is progressing interesting. It's something my husband and I have thought about but the ground rent on some of the sites are really expensive. Father in law had a static van at Brean some years ago but sold it after a few years it was not used enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so looking forward to reading all about it, every little detail. Bored?? Not a chance.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not bored - I'm loving seeing and hearing what your doing with the van. We would love to buy one on a site in France but who knows when we'll be able to get out there to start looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't think of anything novel to say - everyone else has said it all! I look forward to hearing how things are progressing. Can we have some before and after photos - pretty please! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting times and using the blog to document the progress is such a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not boring at all.
    I also have a static caravan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your updates. I am living vicariously through your posts and really enjoying them.
    Keep them coming !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m looking forward to following progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.