Followers

Tuesday, 22 December 2020

Funny time for a diet

 With my recent depression, and knowing my bladder op had been put off for 6 months, I'd more or less given up with my diet.  Now that it's been set for 13 January, I need to get losing weight again....I knew I'd put some back on, I thought probably about half a stone.  So it was with some trepidation I got on the scales this morning....4lbs on, so not as bad as I thought.  So now I'm back on the diet properly....Will be a test of my willpower as I'd bought crisps, nuts and chocolates for Christmas, and made loads of mince pies and sausage rolls.  The crisps etc are all put away out of sight in the utility room, the sausage rolls and mince pies I'd frozen when I made them...I'm not really a fan of mince pies anyway, I'd made them for husband and visitors (who we won't be seeing now in any case), but I do like sausage rolls.

I'll relax the diet a bit for Christmas day, I may even have a couple of G & Ts, but will be straight back on it on boxing day.  This operation is important to me and I need to lose whatever weight I can.  I've lost the 10% of body weight (slightly more than that actually) that my consultant suggested, but whatever extra I can lose will be good.

So give me a kick up the backside on boxing day to get me going again please...in case my motivation has buggered off!  (M, that means you, help me out 😉).

6 comments:

  1. Yes, it's way too easy to put on a few pounds at this time of the year, I know I have. Relaxing the diet on Christmas day shouldn't do too much harm, as long as you get back on the wagon on Boxing day! We'll remind you. You've done it before, you can do it again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My diet is on hold until January, I do expect to pop a few pounds back on, but as you sat it is Christmas. You have a great focus for your weight loss, and you know you are able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four pounds have sneaked back on me too... I am not going to worry about it until after the New Year. Far too many goodies in the house for me to try resisting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just how you feel, I have just received an appointment 25 Jan. for Lymphoedema clinic so now have a goal to make me lose those Christmas pounds. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freeze the goodies or hide them until after your op. Not so many calories in a few G&Ts 😁 Christmas Day, have a few treats. xxx You can start the diet again Boxin Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back on it on Saturday Fortunately, most of the Christmas leftovers are pretty healthy really.
    I agree, the more you can lose before your op, the better; that was what first gave me the push.
    You can do it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.