Followers

Wednesday 13 October 2021

A quiet day

 Went to get out of bed this morning and my left leg (the one with sciatica) gave way underneath me, so I ended up on the floor.  At least I was right beside the bed so could pull myself back up fairly easily.  No damage done.

I've had a pretty easy day.....put washing out on the line, weeded and pruned a small flower bed, prepared dinner this afternoon (bbq pork and beans, using leftover roast pork).  Other than that, I've just sat in my recliner chair crocheting and reading.  Husband's been out this afternoon, so it's been quiet.

We had a lovely time with our Kent friends yesterday, they love our caravan and park and even put in a cheeky offer on a vacant van (it was refused, as we knew it would be!).  We're seeing them again tomorrow, meeting up for brunch and then a beach walk.

There was hardly anybody at the caravan park yesterday, seems strange not having any of our van friends around to chat to.  We're going back on Sunday to finally close up, that'll be a sad day, but we've got a few ideas and plans for the van to keep us going till next Spring.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't suffer any injuries. I now use one of those rubber mats in the bath as I sometimes feel unsteady, and decided it's better to do it now rather than wait until I slip and break my leg! Oh, isn't getting older fun? What a shame the cheeky offer wasn't accepted. It would have been nice for you to have "old" friends there. Making plans for next year will keep you busy over winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I am so glad that you are okay. Getting older is not for the faint of heart, for sure.

    It would be nice to have old friends at the caravan park, perhaps they will make a less "cheeky" offer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you weren’t injured. Indeed, getting old ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. That must have given you quite a fright. Sadly that is how my leg is permanently since my hip op. If I don't lock my knee I'm on the floor. I'm learning to live with it but it's a darn nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear, thank goodness no real damage was done but not a nice thing to happen at all.
    It's always worth making a cheeky offer and not the idea has been planted, you never know.
    Looking forward to reading about your winter plans. I'm thinking sewn or knitted cushions, art work, etc, but could be totally wrong!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry Sooze the way time goes you'll be back down there in no time.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, however please note that rude ones won't be published. Nor will anonymous ones now.