Followers

Monday, 6 September 2021

Better and busy

 Thank you for your good wishes, I'm more or less ok now.  Every so often I have what I call a sort of diabetic thing.....well, that's what I put it down to, in the absence of anything more definite.  I just feel very unwell for a couple of days - like a limp wet rag, absolutely no energy nor desire to do anything other than lie on the bed reading or dozing.  All my limbs ache as if I've run a marathon or been run over by a steamroller or beaten up by a gang of football hooligans.  I just have to give in to my body and go lie on the bed and do literally nothing for as long as it takes to start to feel human again, usually 1, 2 or 3 days.   This time, it could also be a combination of a long run of disturbed sleep and all the garden work we were doing at the caravan.  Whatever, I feel a lot better now, although not yet 100%.

Just as well I'm back to normal(ish), as it's a busy week.  Today I've got the slow cooker full of a steak and kidney casserole with lots of veggies in it, it'll be portioned up and frozen, I anticipate it'll make 4 or 5 meals for the two of us.  I've also picked and prepped a load of our homegrown cooking apples - I can't remember what variety they are, they're not Bramleys, that's all I know.  Most I've just sliced, put into a big bowl of lemony hot water and cooked very briefly in the microwave, then dried off in a clean tea towel and frozen in bags.  The rest I shall make a couple of crumbles with.  We're having cold roast pork, apple sauce, poached eggs and sweet potato oven cooked fries for dinner, the rest of the pork (from yesterday's roast, cooked by husband, which I didn't really feel like eating much of) I'll shred for a stir fry for tomorrow.  I'll also chop up all the veggies for the stir fry.  Some of the leftover veggies from yesterday have gone in the casserole today, the rest will be used in the stir fry tomorrow.

I have my diabetic eye screening tomorrow morning, the drops they put in my eyes to dilate the pupils affect my eyesight a lot, my eyes are extremely blurry for several hours.  Hence why I'm prepping the pork and veggies for tomorrow's stir fry today - I'd chop my fingers off if I did it tomorrow!

I also intend making a big pan of smoked haddock chowder to portion up and freeze during the week, and the slow cooker will be on again later in the week full of lamb stew.   Sometime or the other, when I get time, I'll do a panful of bolognese too.  So that'll mean we have numerous ready meals in the freezer, mostly to take with us to the caravan, with some to have here on our return home.

Thursday morning I shall be doing some baking, for husband's relatives who are coming here for lunch on Friday, I'll probably make a lemon drizzle cake and some blueberry muffins, using our own homegrown blueberries.  We've been invited by some neighbours to afternoon tea on Thursday, looking forward to that, there'll be a few other neighbours there too.

It was foggy when I got up, couldn't see over the fields, very muggy and humid too, the fog is still here at 10 am, it's being very slow to clear so I've had to put washing in the tumble dryer.  Apparently, it's going to be up to 30 degrees tomorrow and Wednesday, for once I'm glad we're not at the caravan - it would be far too hot there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling a bit better. You're wise to listen to your body and not just push on. What a lot of cooking, baking and freezing going on at your house. You'll not need to worry if you're too tired to cook one day! Enjoy the meet up with family and neighbours. It still seems strange to be able to do so! xx

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.