Thank you all so much for the lovely comments about our caravan garden, it's been a lot of hard work but well worth it, we're so happy with the way it looks now.
I ache like mad today, my shoulders, arms and back are all killing me, as a result of all the garden work, digging, lugging heavy pots around and general bending down and carrying stuff. No gain without pain! Today I have washing to do (first load already done), the big upright freezer to empty and defrost then refill, shopping to go and do. And that'll be it for me today. Husband's going off to the big hospital in Taunton this morning for an ultrasound scan, he'll be doing a bit of tidying up in the garden later.
A month or so ago the Landlord sent an electrician round to do a full check of all the electrical systems in the house.....he was the one who switched on the immersion heater, which we never use, and left it switched on and we didn't notice it for a whole week (as we never use it!). Well, the same electrician rang yesterday to arrange to come again, he's got to spend a whole day here doing all the necessary remedial works his checks brought to light. Last time we left him alone in the house doing his checks and went out for the day.....this time, husband wants to be here (to keep an eye on him! Although he has been reprimanded by the boss of the firm, after I complained, so hopefully he won't do anything silly this time). I don't particularly want to be in the house whilst the man is doing all the work, it'll be noisy and disruptive and Betty will be on high alert on guard duty all the time. So husband will take me and Betty to the caravan the day before, then come back here and stay here alone overnight (the bloke will be arriving early the next morning). Once the work's done, he'll come back to the van.
Now that Autumn is upon us, I want to do some batch cooking this week - casseroles and soups to portion up and freeze. Our cooking apples are all ready to pick now (we've had some stewed with cream already, lovely), so I shall be making a few crumbles, pies and cakes too.
Oh, here are some of the Christmas cards I did whilst at the van:-


Love the card Sooze.
ReplyDeleteBriony
x
You sound so busy, but happy. I don't like leaving workmen unattended in the house. Although, I don't like being in the house when there's workmen here either! Can't win. The cards are looking good. It'll be lovely for you to meet up with family and get some hugs in! xx
ReplyDeleteAll sounds positive.
ReplyDeleteI think you are wise not to leave that particular workman unattended after last time.
ReplyDeleteThe cards will be lovely. xx