Well, we're back at the caravan and it's so quiet here it's almost eerie - I could count on the fingers of one hand how many of the other vans are currently occupied, although our next door neighbours (the ones with the 2 little yappy ankle biters) have just arrived. There are a few tourers right down the bottom of the park, they all keep to themselves. None of our other neighbours are due to come until next weekend I think, so it'll be very quiet here all week. We're lucky to live so near, so we can come and go whenever we feel like it.....most of our other van neighbours come down from the Midlands, the neighbours to our other side from Chichester, a 3 hour journey away, so they can't come as often as us. When they do come, they generally stay for 2 or 3 weeks, sensibly, as they have longer journeys.
We arrived just before midday, I immediately unpacked the food and then watered all the flower pots, before putting away the rest of our stuff whilst husband took Betty for a walk. We'd had brunch just before leaving home, so didn't want any lunch. It's been very warm here this afternoon, although only intermittently sunny - too warm for indoors so we've sat in the garden in our recliner chairs most of the afternoon. I tried to do some crocheting on my caravan blanket, but gave up after 1 row - the wool was just sticking to my fingers. I just listened to the birds instead, and watched a mouse (well, I think it was a mouse, could have been a little brown bird I suppose) darting in and out of a compost bag underneath a neighbour's van. Husband was snoring beside me, as was Betty 😒. She was having one of her noisy dreams where she woofs and her legs are jerking as if she's running.....chasing squirrels or rabbits in her dream, I expect. At least husband doesn't do that 😂
Husband is going back home after dinner, to let the electrician in early tomorrow morning. As there's a new series of Endeavour starting on TV tonight, it means I get to watch it in peace! If husband was here, he'd be doing a running commentary ("I used to have one of those cars! Oh and one like that as well"), whilst sitting there with the remote control in his hand, doing the man thing checking out what's on the other channels.....drives me crackers. We're forecast showers tomorrow, so it'll be a good day to sit in the van crocheting.
It all sounds idyllic, apart from the neighbours little yappy dogs! I wonder if all men are the same? Mine also gives a running commentary on everything, and changes channels in the middle of programmes. (I've just read your comment to him and he denies vehemently that he does that!🤣 We both know differently, don't we?) xx
ReplyDeleteEnjoy…
ReplyDeleteAlways nice to have control of the TV for awhile. Enjoy...
ReplyDelete