Having had a really good (for me anyway) sleep last night, despite the howling wind, I do feel a bit better today. Decent sleeps have been a bit thin on the ground the past few nights, which is no surprise given the worries about husband's forthcoming tests.
We have to go to town today to get husband's new basic phone sorted out - for some reason, despite the phone being very basic, it's refusing to recognise husband's sim card, so he can't use the phone. Blimmin annoying, and yet another thing to be sorted. Another problem is that I've recently had a new contactless debit card to replace the expired one, and it's refused to work twice. It wouldn't let me pay for the shopping in the supermarket last week (luckily I could use a card from a different account). Yet when I tested the card in the cash machine outside, taking out a tenner as an experiment, it worked perfectly. I used the card - or rather, tried to - to buy something online yesterday and again the transaction was refused. It's not a lack of funds problem, there's plenty of money in the account. So I'll have to get in touch with the bank, I suppose. These things are sent to try us.
I can't see us staying overnight at the caravan anytime soon, the weather forecast isn't good at all for the next few weeks....plenty of rain showers, strong winds, low overnight temperatures. Which all means that very few other owners will be there at the park - we live the nearest so can go for day trips anytime, whereas almost all the other owners live a lot further away, too far for day trips so they'd have to stay over, and not many will want to until the weather gets significantly better. Whilst we love staying at the van, part of the pleasure is seeing and catching up with our fellow owners, so if there's no-one else there, it gets a bit lonely!
Had a message from my sister to say that she and her friend can't now come down to us for their week's holiday until mid May, her friend couldn't get the time off work for April. Well, at least the weather will be much warmer by then. Sister's friend (we've known her for years and years) is lovely, but is one of the most ditsy, scatterbrained and disorganised people I know. She apparently kept forgetting to ask for holiday, or got the dates wrong when she did, which is typical of her, bless her.
We had our monthly electricity bill over the weekend - I would say our leccy use has been pretty much the same for the past 2 or 3 months. However, this bill is £20 less than the last two - now I have only used the oven twice I think in the 3 or 4 weeks since I've had the air fryer, instead of nearly every day before, so I'd say that's a convincing victory for the AF.
With your contactless card, every so often, it won't work, you need to pop the card in the reader and enter your pin number, it's done so if your card is stolen, they thief can only make a few purchases.
ReplyDeleteSame thing with my card here in the States! Works then Doesn't! Aggravating!
ReplyDeleteWe sold our RV last year...I don't miss it much.
hugs
Donna
Banks are a pain in the proverbial! We tried to get a statement print out last week, but there was no paper in the machine (or so the woman standing around to "help" said. Had to go back today to get it. I do miss the days when there was a counter and someone there to actually help, not just show you which buttons to press!
ReplyDeleteShame the weather isn't going to be good enough for you to stay at the caravan, but at least you live close enough to grab a warm day if one pops up!
That's great news on the electricity bill. It's not often that happens! xx
Ours is also down a smidge as well.
ReplyDeleteMy contactless debit card only allows me to use it if the shop is under a certain amount. Perhaps that is how yours works as well??
ReplyDeleteGlad that you got a good nights sleep.
God bless.
I'm hoping mine will be less too - I've hardly used the oven at all recently.
ReplyDeleteHoping they sort out the card thing soon. xx
I've had the same problem with my new card from RBS. I tried to use it a couple of times as they kept badgering me that the old one was about to expire. It didn't work the first couple of times using contactless or PIN. Tried for a third time and it did.
ReplyDelete