Followers

Tuesday, 31 October 2023

Betty's lovely playtime, and feeling yuck

 Betty had a wonderful time at the dog exercise field yesterday (sorry no pictures, didn't even occur to me).  For the first time she actually went on a couple of the exercise/agility things - she particularly loved the tyre mountain.  It's a load of various sized tyres, from car to tractor sizes, all piled up and filled in with sand, once she realised it was sand she was all over it, as she loves playing in the sand on the beach.  She did exactly what she does on the beach - dug holes in the sand, threw herself down in them on her back and rolled around.  Filled my heart with joy to see her enjoying herself so much.  There are 2 tunnels, big tubes around 10 or 12 feet long - she won't go in them though, even with us throwing balls through them and calling her, she just runs around the side of them!  So funny.  She also spent 10 mins or so just running around with her nose to the ground, hoovering up all the smells from the previous dozens and dozens of dogs that have been there before.  She was zonked out fast asleep for an hour soon after we got home.  Because of all the rain we've had, the field was extremely muddy in places though, and will obviously get worse as even more rain is forecast.  I think the owners of the field will have to address that, perhaps bring in some grit or bark chips to cover the worst areas.

I think I'm coming down with something, it started last night with a fit of sneezing, followed by a headache, overwhelming tiredness and aching muscles, so I went to bed early.  I slept reasonably  well, but still feel under the weather this morning, in fact I feel pretty rotten.  Hopefully it's just a cold coming on and won't hang about.



8 comments:

  1. SO glad Betty had a wonderful time! But I hope you start feeling better Soon, dear friend!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching animals play is one of life's joys! They really do lose themselves in the moment don't they? There's something going round at the moment - I've got it. Sore throat, headache, feeling washed out. My daughter, SIL and grandson have all got it, too. We were supposed to be going to visit them today, but have had to postpone. No point in us all sitting there feeling crap and swapping germs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't blame her about the tunnels. I wouldn't go in either! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds so wonderful for Betty. I bet she had a brilliant time. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Betty is getting very used to the dog park. I do hope you feel better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Betty, I can just see her frolicking madly and having a marvellous time.
    I suppose it is the time for illnesses as it gets colder, but I do hope that whatever you have comes and goes quickly and doesn't hang around. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds as though Betty had a great time.. hope you feel a lot better soon, rest is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our pets bring us so much joy, don't they. When their happy we're happy. Try to rest up and hopefully you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.