Followers

Sunday, 1 October 2023

Good thinking, mock turkey and planning

 Thank you for the comments again, it's always lovely to read them.  Jane, that idea about a sort of 'checklist' is a good one, thanks.  I know husband can't help forgetting things (everything), it's not his fault and he doesn't do it deliberately, I do know that.  But it's so frustrating - and stressful - when I have to keep repeating myself constantly throughout the day.....well, you know that!  So I might give your checklist thing a try - anything that helps husband and keeps my stress levels down is good.

It's really sensible thinking, actually - e.g. when we've been shopping, on the way home I generally say to husband "Please don't put the shopping away, leave it for me" - but he's almost always forgotten I said that by the time we get home.  (The reason I don't like him putting stuff away is that he never puts it where it's actually supposed to go, he just puts it wherever there's a space, and I can never find it afterwards!).  So it would actually be better if I waited until we got home and he's carried the bags into the kitchen - thanking him then telling him there and then that I'll put it away does mean that I'll only have to say it once.

I didn't do a lot yesterday as I had a really bad night Friday with not much sleep at all, so my brain was fried.  However, last night I slept really well, only waking up a couple of times and going virtually straight back off to sleep.  I didn't need to get up for the loo either, and didn't wake up until nearly 7 am - a lie-in for me.  So today I'm raring to go and will hopefully be getting loads done.  Doing a dog blanket wash right now - we have fleece blankets for Betty to lie on, on the sofa, my bed, her own bed in her cage under the stairs and her bed in the back of the car.  It's a good drying day - dry and breezy - so they'll be going out on the line.  Husband and Betty will be having roast chicken today, I'm going to make that wartime Mock Turkey (basically a sort of stuffing or meatloaf) and will have some of that for my dinner, along with all the usual roasted and green veggies.  I've got lots of veggies to prep, cook and freeze - I prefer to get all the veggies for the week prepped as much as possible in one go, that way they don't go off and get wasted.  Then this afternoon I want to sit and read through the leaflets and info the Carers Champion sent me, not got round to it yet.

I need to plan when we'll be going back to the caravan for our last time this year, we'll probably stay for a couple of nights and then drain down/shut everything off for next year.  We've got our Covid jabs this coming Friday 6th then our flu jabs Saturday 14th, so possibly a few days in between those.  Or we might go the week beginning Monday 23rd, the last full week in October....quite a few owners go then, with it being the October schools half term and the last week of our park's season.  Sad to think it's nearly the end of our lovely caravan season for this year, we just haven't been there as often this year because the weather wasn't that good - well, not consistently anyway - or health stuff got in the way.

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of mock turkey. Will you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Sandi, I'll do a blog about it tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Good idea about the checklist and only having to remind him once. Obvious when someone points it out to you!
    I can't believe it's October already. September seems to have flown by. (Probably something to do with my age!) We had our flu jabs a couple of weeks ago, but no sign of our Covid jabs. The website does say wait to be invited, so I'll give it a week or two. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found a whiteboard on the kitchen wall very useful ever since I was supply teaching and was going to different school throughout the week. Now I have the week's activities/appointments written up and any other stuff I need to remember such as which week for the bins. Would that be useful for you? A cheaper option would be to write on the fridge with whiteboard pens. I've just bought a pack of four different coloured pens for £2 in the pound shop.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.