Storm Babet is here, but I don't think we're suffering as much as other places - it's raining, breezy, cold and very dreary, not the sort of weather you'd want to be out in, but I wouldn't call it a bad storm. It's supposed to be better tomorrow though. I hope so anyway, I've got washing to put on and get out, I didn't bother putting it on this morning.
Sunday looks like it'll be a good day to go to the caravan - we won't be staying overnight, just spending the day there giving it a good clean, packing up things to bring home, doing a final tidy up of the garden and draining down/switching everything off. And saying goodbye to the other owners there, until next March.
Today's the day the new available housing list comes out, and this time there is possibly the most perfect property we've seen thus far, I've put in a bid for it but doubt we'll be successful, there are already 40 others with more entitlement in front of us on the bidding list. Ah well. It's a 2-bed very pretty detached bungalow, with a wet room, a car port and a nice size rear garden surrounded by 6ft brick walls, so very secure for Betty. It's situated on a smallish housing estate on the edge of a nice town, there's a field at the front for dog walking and on the other side of the field is a Sainsburys and pet shop. A good GP surgery is less than a mile away, it's a bit nearer to the caravan park, and also slightly nearer the vets. So, for a change, both the property itself and the location are exactly what we'd want, if we could choose.
Husband's having a clumsy day today....one of those days when things just slip through his fingers and end up on the floor. His memory is much the same as usual today, but at least he's not talking gibberish like he was the day after our flu jabs. And yes I do think his very odd symptoms on Sunday were down to the flu jab.
My eye screening went off ok yesterday, the technician said there didn't appear to be any problems and she thought everything seemed the same as last year, so no worries there.
My lovely friend popped in yesterday for a coffee, so that was nice. We don't see nearly enough of each other.
Oh, I've got everything crossed that you get this bungalow! It does sound ideal. Talking of clumsy husbands, mine has broken a cup and 2 (or is it 3?) drinking glasses in the past week or so. He does sometimes go at things like a bull at a gate! It's been a bit windy here, but no storm or rain. I hope it passes us by. xx
ReplyDeleteHere is hoping that you get the perfect bungalow. Sounds just wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCold, dark and dreary here and the weather is talking snow coming early next week.
God bless.
It sounds absolutely perfect, doesn't it? Fingers crossed. xx
ReplyDelete