Followers

Thursday, 5 October 2023

Lie in and Covid jabs

 I got up at my usual time (around 05.45), went to the loo, then thought actually I'm still really sleepy, think I'll go back to bed.  So I did!  And, amazingly, slept, until Betty decided it was time we were getting up just before 7.00.....I think she heard husband getting up and opening his curtains.  She came and cuddled up next to me, pressing her back right along my side, then rolled over on her back for a tummy rub.  Lovely way to wake up.

We're having our Covid jabs tomorrow so I'm making food today that can just be reheated tomorrow, in case I don't feel like cooking.  I'll make a new potato and leek dauphinoise-type thing, we'll have it with fishcakes and peas.  For today, I'm doing a sort of ratatouille as I have an aubergine and a couple of wrinkly courgettes to use up, with a red onion and some frozen sliced peppers added.  I think I'll put it in a baking dish and add a savoury herby oat crumble to the top - as the oven will be on for the potato thing, I may as well make use of it for other things.  I might make a few cheese scones for the freezer as well.  Husband will have bacon with his ratatouille, something green on the side with mine.

My weight is coming down again, having reduced my carbs and portion sizes, I've lost 2 of the 3 lbs I'd put back on a couple of weeks ago.

The weather forecast has just been on the TV, it's back to warm and sunny, a late summer for a few days, how lovely.  Pity we can't make the most of it and go to the caravan, we've got a few things on here which stops us going.  It's looking like we won't get back to the van until probably the last week in the month - which will be ok, we know several other owners will be there too, closing down for the winter.

I've just read that Sue is taking a break from her Smaller and Simpler and Wartime Rations blogs - I'll miss reading them every day, but we all need to do what's best for ourselves.  Take all the time you need, Sue, look after yourself.  I hope you come back!

Cherie, you asked if hiring the dog field is expensive - no, I don't think so.  It costs £4.50 per half hour, which I think is money well spent.  Actually, that's cheaper than most - I saw one the other day which charges £6.50 per half hour, most seem to be around £5.  The only thing that's a bit irritating is that they are now very popular, meaning we can only book 2 or 3 weeks in advance - but of course we don't know what the weather will be like that far ahead!  None of us (Betty included) are fond of wet and windy conditions.  I'll have to look at the website T&Cs to see if we can carry our booking fee over to another slot if we can't (or don't want to) go on the day.

2 comments:

  1. We've been in Cornwall since last weekend, a holiday combined with seeing family, bitter sweet due to illnesses. Our weather's been on & off really. We've got the pup with us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food always sounds scrummy. Can I pop round?😋 We haven't had our Covid jabs yet, but there's a walk-in centre nearby, so we'll call in next week. We had our flu jabs a couple of weeks ago. I see we're eligible for the shingles jab too, so await the call from the GP. I feel like a pin cushion.
    The weather here is forecast warmer - but wet. Not what I want at all! Oh well, can't do anything about it so just have to put up with it. xx

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.