Thank you all for your comments, and my apologies for being so haphazard in answering them - I know sometimes I do, but quite often I don't. I do certainly read them all though, and appreciate them.
I woke up ridiculously early this morning, due to the clock change, but just lay in bed reading the papers on my phone. I was sorry to read Matthew Perry has died, he's certainly had a troubled life, poor man. I'm sure the pressures of fame must cause no end of problems for some. This time of year, from the clocks going back to the winter solstice on 21/22 December is the period I dislike the most, it just signals short, dark, gloomy days for me. I know 21 December is the middle of winter, but it's the time when the days start getting longer, albeit by just a minute or 2 per day. So it's uphill from there to Spring, as far as I'm concerned. Out of all the months of the year, December is my least favourite, I think. I'm not overly keen on Christmas and all the 'Buy me! You need this!' hype surrounding it, and with my lovely Mum having died on Christmas Eve, and my beloved Nanna on Boxing Day, it's not a particularly happy time. But at least December does seem to speed by in a mad rush each year.
I bought a leg of pork for husband for his roast dinner today, I'll have all the usual roast and green veg, with stuffing and apple sauce. I may even have a bit of crackling. The pork will give him dinners for the next couple of days as well, along with sandwiches for his lunch. Any leftovers after that will be sliced or diced and frozen. I'll do plenty of veg so we can have bubble and squeak tomorrow, with a fried egg for me, the same for husband with the addition of some cold pork.
Tomorrow morning we're taking Betty to the dog exercise field, there's no rain in the forecast which is good. It's a pity the dog field has quickly become so popular to hire, we can only manage to book it about every 3 weeks or so, and obviously we don't know what the weather's going to be like that far ahead. Betty's not a fan of walks in the rain, and I'm certainly not either. We've got to take her to the vets in the afternoon, she's having trouble with one of her ears again, and her anal glands need emptying - that's not something that husband or I want to do, it absolutely stinks to high heaven. I do love my baby, but I draw a line at doing that!
I really don't care if it's up an hour or back an hour...I just want them to stop changing them! About the time I get use to one, it's time to change again! lol
ReplyDeleteThat roast sounds delicious! Pictures please!! You make such yummy things...
Happy Sunday!
hugs
Donna
I hate this time of year, too. Cold, damp, dark - not much going for it really! Roll on Spring, my favourite season. I've never had dogs (well, we had a dog when I was a very young child), so have never experienced anal glands! Sounds particularly yucky! Hope Betty's ear can be sorted quickly. xx
ReplyDeleteIts been very windy here and some heavy rain but sunshine too, don't know what to wear to go out, but truth be told I'd rather stay in! Hope hubby liked the pork.
ReplyDelete