Something to make you ponder and keep you interested reading everyone's ideas, until I'm back online.
On FB the other day, I saw a post asking what would be people's choices, if they could only choose just three food items to eat every day for one week.
After some thought, I decided on two choices:-
EITHER
1st choice
1. Mature Cheddar cheese
2. Cox's apples
3. Good sourdough bread
OR
2nd choice
1. Fresh salmon steaks
2. Crunchy roast potatoes
3. Steamed Brussels sprouts
So come on everybody - what would be your choices?
PS. It's your own choices, not mine đŸ˜‰
Simples Cheddar cheese and salmon
ReplyDeleteMe too
DeleteCan't eat cheese, Cox's are a bit too acidy for me, so got to be the sourdough. Don't eat fish, LOVE roasties, and sprouts are OK. So Bread and potatoes for me, please! Bit carb heavy, but hey ho!
ReplyDeleteHope the move goes smoothly and quickly. I'll be thinking of you all! xx
Just realised those were your choices. Doh!
DeleteMy choice would be the nut roast, saute potatoes and veg (can I please include the onion gravy, too?) which is my favourite lunch when we eat out at a tea room in town. It's so filling, I'd only need that one meal each day. xx
Bread - for my toast; eggs (fried, poached or boiled); potatoes, mashed. That would satisfy me for a week, thanks very much. Hopefully there will be tea, coffee or water! I'll eat lots of veggies after the week is up, promise!
ReplyDeleteMy "non-healthy" selections...Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and fried okra...Lol
ReplyDeleteMy "healthy" choices...grilled salmon, green beans and a garden salad.
hugs
Donna
This is fun! for me it would be eggs, cheese, tomatoes. I could manage without carbs for a week, though no chocolate would be a struggle...
ReplyDeleteI hope cheese is your answer Sooze, your's is in the mail.
ReplyDeleteOh, goodness, what a question. I'm going to cheat and be a bit generic here and say
ReplyDelete1. fruit
2. veg
3. chicken
And if pushed, 1 would be apples and 2 would be tomatoes
The trouble is, I love most food! :-)
Hoping it is all going smoothly, despite the unhelpful weather. xx
My choices: potatoes, bread and buttery spread. I would be happy as long as there was also unlimited coffees. :-)
ReplyDeleteSteak, steak and steak!
ReplyDeleteHope your move goes smoothly. A new home- how exciting.
I already eat porridge, wit sultanas and blueberries every day for breakfast so no change there and my evening meal is generally (frozen) cauliflower with peas and/or broad beans and if I had to choose one of my protein options it might be tinned herrings. If I was to be indulgent it would be baked trout, new potatoes and ice cream.
ReplyDeleteA really mature cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, and sour frozen cherries are my top 3.
ReplyDeleteHomemade venison or beef jerky, uncooked freshly picked garden peas, and cold whole milk
ReplyDeleteI could happily eat your second choice. In the summer my choice would be cheese and tomato sandwiches on brown bread.
ReplyDeleteIn winter I could eat bacon hotpot with sprouts and broad beans, we had this for dinner tonight.
Hmmm, milk, yogurt and toast.
ReplyDeleteFried chicken fried potatoes beets
ReplyDeleteReally bad choice health wise but:
ReplyDeleteSmokes salmon, digestive biscuits, cheese of any kind. Su
porridge with honey, nice fresh bread and a nice sharp cheddar.
ReplyDeleteFinally finally finally...I am able to comment. I have followed your journey daily and commented on "Diary of a Ret. Teacher" post to you. I am so so so happy for you...you are an amazing woman. I can't wait to read a blog of your "after"...I have moved 31 times, and I found FOR ME...not others...than all in one day is much much easier...Load the truck and the cars and go...My husband used to tell others that I would have it all finished in three days including hanging curtains etc. I was younger...Now at my advanced age...moving into this little tiny condo was easy in one day. I have moved "across the street" and that move killed me...lol...anyway...you have done it in a way that was easier for you...I am glad. Know that I have thought about you each day of this journey. Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteFOOD: Pizza pizza pizza with pineapple and cheese only...no meat...
ReplyDelete