Followers

Wednesday, 27 December 2023

Christmas is now over!

 We went to Dunster beach mid morning yesterday, the weather was very mild - not sunny, but fairly bright, dry and almost no wind.  We had quite a long walk, but sadly couldn't let Betty off the lead for a run on the beach - there were just too many people and dogs about, it was as busy as it is in summer.  When we're on the beach she hardly takes any notice of other dogs, but some do want to run up to her to play or just sniff her backside (as dogs do).  Unfortunately Betty absolutely hates that (can't say I blame her! 😂) and will snap at them.  She's not really keen on playing with other dogs either, it's the Shar Pei in her, she's very aloof and a bit of a loner.  So we couldn't walk on the beach, but walked through the chalet park instead.  Ah well, she had a good walk and a lovely time sniffing everything.

We had another roast dinner yesterday, practically identical to our Christmas day lunch - except we had it in the evening and I didn't have the nut roast, just the veggies.  Betty had some of the veggies with diced cooked chicken for her dinner.

Today we're off to our friends for lunch, not taking Betty - she gets too excitable there and is always very interested in their big Christmas tree covered with loads of baubles and chocolates, meaning I have to keep watching her and telling her to get away from it.  She'll be fine at home for 3 or 4 hours, I leave the radio on for her and she just sleeps.  The weather has changed dramatically from yesterday, it's now chucking it down with a howling wind.

I'm done with Christmas now, the tree will be packed away by the end of the week.  Once Boxing day has passed, I don't like to see the tree and cards etc hanging around.  And I really want to get more boxes unpacked and put away.  I can't believe we've been here 2 weeks today, it's raced past.  And just think, next week is a new year!

6 comments:

  1. Same here, eyeing the cards and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was eyeing the Christmas decorations earlier this morning and thought of taking them down, then I realised by eldest son and youngest grandson are coming tomorrow so I have to leave them up until after their visit at least. The decks will be clear for the weekend though, it will be nice to have a good cleaning session and give my sideboard it's annual proper polish. It sounds as though you have the same weather as us, it's proper yucky outdoors today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can now comment sometimes...sometimes not. I have followed your moving journey. I am so so so happy for you. Will you be able to take the bus to run errands if you want to go out on your own? Happy 2024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do Brenda, yes. Thank you so much, and happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  4. I'm the same. I can't start the new year with Christmas decorations up. I've made a start, the rest will be packed away tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually chomping at the bit to put Christmas away after boxing day but not this year. I'm still feeling festive and Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete

If yours is an Anonymous account, please give a name. Comments without a name will not be published. Thank you.