Yay! We now have a working landline. Phew.
Whilst we were packing up at the old house, husband found 2 plastic lidded boxes in the loft with wool in - well, when I checked them, both of them were actually half completed crochet blankets, single blanket kits from Attic24 with all the yarn and a printed pattern, which I'd clearly forgotten about, having got husband to put them up in the loft. I'm so pleased, I've got them in the bottom of my wardrobe and will get them out and start doing them again in the next few days. I've always liked Lucy's tutorials, she's got a fantastic eye for colour and design and makes the tutorials so easy to follow, even for beginners.
We went to the Christmas buffet at the day centre....well that was an experience. There were only about 20 people there, mostly from the other side - only 1 person from our little close, the very nice man who lives opposite us. The others did all make us welcome, in their own way, although we did get a feeling of some resentment coming from one or two. Apparently, one of them, who currently lives in a flat, had also put in a bid for our bungalow (she's on oxygen so presumably has some kind of respiratory illness) but was pipped at the post by us....as she informed us. Well, I'm not going to let it worry me - we were told by the Housing Association that we met all their criteria, hence why we were offered the place. I was the youngest person there at the buffet by about 20 years, they were all old dears, male and female, who clearly have all known each other for years. Some have mobility issues, several respiratory ones, and several clearly are partly deaf, as there was a lot of shouting and "Eh? Speak up!" going on! A few asked me if I like bingo, apparently they have bingo sessions on Fridays, which appears to be the highlight of their week. I don't think I'll be joining in though! 😂
We're off early this morning to go and do our big food shop - wish me luck! I loathe shopping when it's busy.
What a lovely surprise, like an early Christmas present! I love Lucy's designs, too. That's you sorted for crochet projects now!
ReplyDeleteI get the feeling you won't be joining your neighbours for bingo any time soon. That would be my idea of hell, too!😱 xx
Oh, dear, there's always one or two, isn't there. You put in the bid and were top of the list. Goodness knows, you have waited very patiently for this to happen and it's your time now.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to find a couple of projects to continue with. A sort of link between the new and the old.
I think bingo can be fun but not that sort of bingo.
Wishing you a smooth food shop and then time to rest and relax. xx
Hope you got the food shopping done and are now curled up on the sofa with a nice cup of tea.
ReplyDeleteI should imagine they thought she was better off in the flat that has a permanent warden in situ. You were the best people for the bungalow, as was proven by your being chosen for it. I don't mind the occasional game of bingo, but that sounds like one that you are not 'ready' for yet.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the shops, it's very hit and miss with shop timings round here, our Aldi was packed out at 8am one day ... I was dog walking near by ... but when we went at 12ish thinking it was going to be manic it was lovely and quiet. Obviously everyone went early to 'beat the crowds'. :-)
Woohoo, a landline phone. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
That is the way it goes. You didn't do anything wrong. Are you ok with being so much younger?
ReplyDeleteSorry I have not commented during your house move but I am so delighted to see you in and nearly settled.
ReplyDeleteHope your shopping went well, I had planned to go this morning but just couldn’t be bothered, I’ll go tomorrow or Friday.
If the lady in that flat is single then she would not be eligible for a two-bedroom property regardless of how much she wanted it. As Joy says, “there’s always one”.
So happy for you. I can relate to the person who wanted your house. The first day I was here, a neighbor (has since moved) said I could not have the handicap parking in front of me because she needed it for her husband who left the house monthly...I was sad as that was one reason we got this one. She told me she wanted my condo, but my son came in the first day and wrote a check. I told her he bought me first floor with handicap even though they are old...alas...I was always nice to her, so it ended well. I did get the handicap when she moved. My daughter and I were discussing my moves. We counted and I have moved 33 times...not 31. She said, Mom, you swoop in...do it and it is finished just like when we were little. I have always liked moving because it is like starting over...getting rid of things...I love your blog. I am so so so happy for you. I hope your life in your new abode will be the best. Now...get finished (lol)...relax...work some puzzles...get some adult coloring books...maybe read...some needlework...watch some movies...enjoy your new life...a new beginning.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful find! I love Lucy’s color sense and have enjoyed her blog for many years now. Have fun with your newly rediscovered projects. We’d love to see them when you finish. I have learning some Fair Isle knitting projects on my list. And, enjoy your new neighbors in your little close. Sorry the buffet wasn’t the experience that you had hoped but it was good of you to go. You’ll soon learn the lay of the land and find your niche, too. Meanwhile enjoy your Christmas.
ReplyDelete