I really must start unpacking a few more boxes, there are things that I've needed and haven't yet found, so they're obviously still in boxes. It's all very well having two boxes of work-in-progress Attic24 blanket kits, but I don't know where my crochet hooks are! I also needed a large plastic mixing bowl this morning - I know I brought it here, but where it is I have no idea. Same goes for my address book, and homemade gift tags for presents. So that's a job for this afternoon.
We had a lovely couple of hours with our ex-neighbour friend yesterday, she loves the bungalow and our little cul de sac. We caught up on some news from the old area....Jane asked if we miss living there - we both said No! She said she wants to visit again in the Spring, to see what we're going to do with the garden, and invited us to go to hers for coffee whenever we're back in the area (I shall be going once a month to do a bit of shopping in Bridgwater, and every 2 months for a haircut from my hairdresser ex-neighbour).
Speaking of the garden.....I'd ordered a compost bin and one of those rectangular long plastic tool chests for husband's garden tools, they arrived early this morning - 08.00 am, good job we're early risers. He's been outside putting them together already and has positioned them where he wants them.
I've had a busy morning in the kitchen. I made 4 meals worth of mash - white and sweet potatoes mixed with sage and smoked paprika, all been frozen for future meals. I've done the roast veggies - potatoes, carrots and parsnips - for Christmas and Boxing day, so they'll just need a quick reheat on each day. I also cooked the pigs in blankets, and roasted sprouts and chestnuts - everything (except the mash) done in batches in the air fryer. I've just sat down for a breather and coffee, and will make the stuffing and cauli cheese afterwards. So Christmas and Boxing days will be easy.....just a case of cooking my nut roast, then reheating husband's gammon and all the veggies. I didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen both days, I want to relax and watch TV.
So once I've unpacked 2 or 3 boxes....and hopefully found my crochet hooks....we'll have a relaxing afternoon. Husband, having finished in the garden and tidied up a bit in his brick built shed (it was already messy!), has now just put up a towel rail in the bathroom, so he's earned a rest too.
You sound all sorted. Well done! I hope you find the crochet hooks so you can enjoy a well-earned rest. xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a delight to hear how well you are getting on. And you’re reminding me that it’s easier to do a little of the cooking ahead. Somehow I hadn’t even thought of it this year. We are having Christmas Eve dinner out and only evening nibbles here on Christmas Day. The kids have an afternoon dinner elsewhere and will be back in the evening so easy for me this year. Good luck with locating your crochet hooks. Enjoy this blessed Christmas and relax.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a successful crochet hook hunt. And it all sounds wonderful, just exactly what you wanted. Have a fantastic Christmas in your lovely haven. xx
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to your new home for Christmas. Happy Christmas and have a relaxing time .you deserve it. From Val in Suffolk
ReplyDeleteIt sounds as though you are both enjoying cracking on with all those little jobs that suit you both. You are very well prepared for Christmas. I hope you have a lovely relaxing day. xx
ReplyDelete